Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello June!

Wow, can you believe it's June already? I love this month and the warm weather that it usually brings, not to mention my birthday is coming up!
It was a great weekend and start to the month.  On Saturday, I went to the pool with a friend. It was warm and really nice to just relax and chat.
On Saturday afternoon, Kevin and I picked up Darcy from the groomer's.  He got his summer haircut and looked so cute. I know he is feeling much happier now to be rid of all of that hair!
Then, later on, we picked strawberries from a nearby farm. It's crazy how much better fresh-from-the-field strawberries taste than the ones from a grocery store.
Saturday night, we went to the movies and saw The Great Gatsby. It was really good, both of us enjoyed it.
Sunday, I made strawberry ice cream and strawberry cream pie (similar recipe here) with our fresh strawberries. I also cut and froze about a quart for future use in frozen drinks ;)

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and tending to my garden. Oh, and I can't have a post showing a picture of Darcy without including one of Rory. Here's one from this weekend after he stole my sock, lol! He's changed a lot over the past few months, but he is still so sweet and weighs less than 25 lbs. But, don't let the weight fool you though, he's lanky and definitely pretty high energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips