Friday, October 12, 2012

Media Room Inspiration

With the recent purchase of a sectional for our media room, I've been thinking more and more about how I want the room to be decorated. We're hoping to get this room finished by next February, around Super Bowl time, but we'll see! Here are two pictures that I've drawn a lot of inspiration from for this room:

Pinned Image
Gray and red room

I decided that I want to make this room have a travel and/or map theme. I don't want this to be over done or too in-your-face, but I think it would be fun to design.  Here's an inspiration board with some of my most recent thoughts for the room:


Sources/ideas:
Red roman shades with gray ribbon trim
Charcoal paint on the walls
Sectional from Macy's
Mix of wood and metals, like these nesting tables from West Elm
Lots of pillows and fabrics in red, gray and cream
Interesting media cabinet, like this black console from Ballard Designs

So, that's what we're thinking for the room. It will be a while before we can collect all of the pieces, but I'm excited to start to see it come together in the near future!

4 comments:

  1. I feel like a home is always a work in progress, so getting everything you need for the room will take time, but will be so worth the wait! It's going to look awesome when it's finished! I like the color combo-- not our usual neutral colors that I'm used to seeing! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Nicole, I love the neutrals, but I think the red will be fun! I wanted this room to be a little more masculine and bold, since it's more for entertaining than relaxing, I guess. :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I really love the color palette that you want to go with. And the mix of the patterns on the pillows is brilliant! :-) Looking forward to seeing this come together!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips