Sunday, September 11, 2011

Swimming in Paint Chips


I picked up a bunch of paint chips for ideas for our dining room today. We've finally started to make some real progress in this room and I'm really excited.  I'm thinking of doing a gray or beige color on the walls in this room. I think this will help to keep the room mostly neutral and then we'll use accents of different colors as the seasons change and holidays come and go.  We're also hoping to do wainscoting in this room, which I think will have a big impact on the look.  I'm sure my opinions of these colors will change as the lighting changes in the room, so we're going to keep the chips up for a while to decide what we like best.


Paint chips from Behr and Sherwin Williams
My favorites right now: Mindful Gray (SW),
Collonade Gray (SW), & Graceful Gray (Behr)
wainscoting before and after
Wainscoting via Centsational Girl 
We also bought a rug for this room a couple of weeks ago. I found one that I really liked at HomeGoods and I couldn't pass it up.  I really like how it's black, with silver, taupe and brown. It's also very dynamic and the colors change depending on which way you look at it. I think it will work nicely with everything else we're planning to do in the room.  


This weekend, we also ordered our table and chairs.  Now, I just have to decide on which upholstered chairs to order for the end of the table. I think this will be a good way to make it look pretty and more custom without having to order 8 of the expensive upholstered chairs! I'm thinking of something like this chair below, but I'm not sure what fabric yet. I've thought about a lot of options, simple linen or a seafoam color, or maybe a fun pattern.

Gentry Chair
Ballard Designs Gentry Chair

I'm excited to see how this room turns out. Stick around for updates in the next couple of weeks as we start to tackle it all and hopefully make some more progress!  

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of the wainscotting! It's going to turn out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips