Monday, March 28, 2011

More house updates!

It's been so long since I posted. Things have been really busy with school/work/house stuff for both of us.

We're ready to close on our house! We've officially finished all of the things we had to do to get ready for closing and buying this house.  The inspection, survey, financing, seller repairs and everything else has gone smoothly and we're so excited! But, now we have to wait a month, we close April 29th! Oh well, I'm excited that now I can really move on to decorating and picking out things for the house. We've got a lot to do and I have so many ideas.

Since the kitchen is one of the first things we're going to do, we've been looking at appliances, granite and paint colors a lot recently. I think we're going to paint the cabinets a creamy white. It's going to be a lot of work, but I think it will look great in the end.  We want a medium tone granite counter, one that has grays, browns and black in it. And since we need new appliances, I think the stainless steel look will work great with the rest of the updated kitchen.

There's also a lot of landscaping to be done outside which I'm actually really excited about. Weeding and seeding won't be a ton of fun but planting flowers and shrubs will be. Plus, we're going to re-stain the deck. I can't wait to use that space, it's going to be a great place to entertain and relax. It will be so nice to have a place to grill and I know Darcy's going to love the back yard!

Back inside, we're going to decorate the rooms slowly. We need to get a formal dining room set and decide what to do in the formal living room/library. One of the bedrooms upstairs will be made into an office and another will be a guest room.  We have most of the furniture for these rooms, which is nice, we just have to figure out how to arrange it. The bonus room is probably the space that will stay empty for the longest. We want to eventually make that a media/game room with a big TV and couches, but that'll have to wait a while. 

Here's some kitchen inspiration and I'll update with more later.
IMG_6776
A Thoughtful Place


Photobucket

sink bump out

3 comments:

  1. I really like the drawer pulls on the cabinets in the first picture! Ahh! I can't wait for y'all to move in and for the fabulous house warming party I'm sure you'll throw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations on your closing and officially becoming a homeowner! We closed on our house in February and it feels so great! :)

    Enjoy making it YOURS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Velvet Window Curtain

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips